Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wow!

Tonight's race was inspirational! But first......

I waited to see if anyone would show but left at 7:17 pm. I figured the time of year, the heat, and the race would prevent others from coming out. In fact, once I hit the start of the race, I saw why! Those who I hadn't seen running the race were volunteering for it. It was so exciting to see familiar faces, I stopped to chat for a minute.

But then I started again. Serious business to take care of, you know! I had to watch the race. After all, I was wearing my PPTC sports bra in support.


The first man was flying. Wow. And in the weather, that was exceptional. What was even more exceptional was the first woman. Holy moly! Not only was she cute but she was about 6th in the whole race when I saw her. With a stride that cried "I mean business", she was outstripping most of the men. So awe-inducing.

The Child Whisperer was doing quite well for herself, in 3rd when I saw her, hanging on in front of a younger woman who was trying to poach her place. And other teammates were soldiering on in the heat, making me feel like a slacker.

Exactly what I needed! Some alone time, some inspiration....And, wait, there's someone behind me!

Blue Eyes found me around the last mile and I got to have some one-on-one time with him as we finished off the run.

So satisfying. Some slower running, some striders, some speed at the end with Blue Eyes. And some more striders on the way home. My quad is still tired - I'm glad I only did 6.4 today - but the 2nd week in a row of running 3 days in a row has gone quite well, if slowly. I might try for number four in Manhattan tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment