Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The DC Trash Trucks

smell a lot worse than the New York ones. Perhaps because the trash isn't picked up as frequently?

This was the fun fact I learned Friday. That, and Friday morning is trash pick-up for NE.
Both important facts but, together, infinitely more important than each singly.

Unless you embrace the aroma of rotting garbage and exhaust as part of a particular running challenge. I'll pass on that.

Super tired from my first week of classes, as well as being out late with the Verbal Rapier. So I did a slow loop around the Mall, then ran back up to Union Station and up 1st St NE to M, where I cut over to the MBT. Up there and over to Michigan, then around the reservoir and into Columbia Heights-ish area onto Harvard Street. Once I hit 13th, I was almost home free. Just had to run down past M street to Massachusetts and back home.

More hills. I've been trying for these. Looking at the hill by 13th and Harvard, which I run down, I'm wondering if I should try this route in the other direction.

Though that hill might be walked. It's steep enough that I have to slow down and my knees hurt when I run down it.

No comments:

Post a Comment