Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's Always a Plus to Have a Girl on a Run

It happened again today. This particular run, the group was small: just me and two other guys due to the weather.

I wasn't going to miss, though! Rain and oversleeping couldn't bring me down - especially when I've only run on the treadmill, and only once this week, because of my lightning weenie-ness.

So, one of the guys did track work last night. Really intense track work, from what it sounds like. So he was happy to go a moderate pace and then cut off early to save his legs.

The other guy was clearly NOT thinking that we were going a moderate pace. But he was raring along the whole time the other guy was running with us.

Almost to the second that the other guy turned off, he turned to me.

"Hey, I'm feeling a bit tired. Mind if we slow down?"

And then we did, including taking a few walk breaks on the way back.

Now, I'm not training for anything, so I didn't mind. And it was great to be outside. And we weren't going terrapin-slow or anything.
And I got to chatter away.

So there were positives. I think it's funny, though, how guys are this way - even when they are not these macho men.

I've seen almost every guy I've run with do this, whether consciously or not.

They run with the other guys, maybe running faster than they would otherwise.

But I'm always the reason they can go slower if they want to.

No testosterone battle? More easygoing? Ladies, does this happen to you, as well?

Anyway. A fun, albeit wet, run around the Lincoln Memorial. About 6 miles-maybe a bit less.

Mileage is pathetic this week! But perhaps I will get Jillian's butt, what with all her workouts I've been doing.

There are certainly worse things.

No comments:

Post a Comment