Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Fitting One In

"Ok.....Two more pages......"

I was racing the train timetable yesterday while I tried to finish my Contracts homework: the only homework I managed to do all weekend.

I need to cut down on activities! And maybe sleep.

But not right now! I had a dinner to go to! With people I hadn't seen for a long time. In Baltimore.

So I managed to squeeze in a run down 1st Street NW to the Mall, then around the Mall and around the Washington Monument and over to the Lincoln Memorial.
Instead of running around the Memorial, I stopped and got water.
This humidity has really been bothering me of late. My body is all screwy here in D.C.
Back around and back down to 1st, then back up to Massachusetts Avenue and home.
A bit less than 6 miles.
Then, running, racing, last-call-all-aboard-no-ticket-yet whew! I'm on the train.
On the Mall, they've been having a lot of kickball games and softball games.
The softball games make me nervous: it looks like they are using actual softballs.
You'd think, in a city with this many lawyers, that would have been deemed a "bad idea".

Question of the week: what's the difference between a Monument and a Memorial? Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment