Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Expanding

And not just in size! I added another run with the Wednesday group this morning.

After getting back late from Baltimore, it was hard to get up. In the dark.

Vivacious Redhead, where are you for motivation when I need it?!

But I did it. And barely made the meet-up in Stanton Park, over on E and 4th St. NE.

Some people I hadn't met were also there. That was neat. And we ran much more slowly than we have been when it is just History and Economics Geek with me.
A bit too slow but, then again, maybe that's good. I keep on forgetting how slowly I run now, which leads to some breathless runs-not the best idea!

Over to 2nd Street then left on N to arrive at the stairs for the MBT. Up that almost to the end and then a turn-around to go back.

Muggy muggy muggy.

More history discussions and some law discussions. One woman also goes to Georgetown while working on the Hill, while another is in politics.

Interesting. Then, after reaching the park, I turned around and joined History and another woman to run up to L, then left over to Florida Avenue and then right up Lincoln Rd to R.

Whew! Uphill! And History picked up the pace when it was just us!

A breather as I ran right onto R and dead-ended in the MBT again. Then down to N street, where I turned right and then left onto 1st Street NE.

People-watching near the train station got me through to Massachusetts Avenue and then home.

About 10 miles. I feel better than Saturday. Less hills and a lot less pace for most of the run.

How slow will I get?

No comments:

Post a Comment