Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

In Excess

Too much.

Too much work, too many other commitments.

Too much.

Last week = too much.

Tuesday, I missed the group run, yet again, working against the clock to finish my homework for Wednesday. I think I'll have to put that group run in the dust pile. Sad because it was one I really enjoyed. But maybe it and the Saturday run can keep each other company until I get them out and wipe them off again.

Even after working until midnight and getting up at 4:30am to start again, I had to give up at about 9:00am.

First time I didn't get all my homework done. It wasn't a good feeling. And I was on call in class for the week!

But I got through that. Wednesday, after missing yet another group run in the morning, I squeezed in a Jillian workout with Xena later than I've worked out in years: about 8:45pm, before heading off for dinner and another late night after studying.

Thursday morning, I managed to drag myself awake for the Georgetown group run. First run since Monday.

That sort of time break makes me nervous: I feel like I'm at the point where, like lifting the ox, you need to go running every day or almost everyday, else you won't be able to do it anymore.

I'm the ox, in this analogy. Which means I'm lifting myself. Weird but possibly apt.

We did a great run: around the FDR Memorial and back around the Mall. I had been to the FDR Memorial without realizing it, with the Tuesday group. Now I know another way to get to the Iwo Jima Memorial, too!




It was a small group, with only two other people. But at least I got some company. I've been missing the company on runs a lot.

Here's where it all caught up to me, though. Thursday night found me asleep on the couch by 8:30pm.

Friday morning, bye bye run, cleaning and other chores: that got flushed along with my hearing, apparently. I slept through 3 alarms to finally rise at 8:30am, 12 hours later.

Too much. And this weekend seems like more of the same. Good too muches, this time, but too much everything nonetheless.

Moving somewhere where I know people has a lot of ups but it also leads to some overcommittments.

And I need to figure out how to do my homework faster. At this rate, I'll spend all my time doing that and no time doing fun stuff.

Plus, I need to keep lifting that ox.

No comments:

Post a Comment