Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looping

Monday, the park was clear enough to do loops. Getting over to the park involved some more fancy footwork but it was great to finally be able to stretch our legs for most of a run!

Yay!

Though I am still anti the cold! The Vivacious Redhead couldn't get warm, even with the sun-likely because of the wind.

The wind was a nice cross-breeze across the reservoir.

I should have said 'nice'.

Hmph.

So we ended up not doing two. But, after powering up the hill, we did run to 15th street and back.

Interesting how, now that I haven't been doing any fast running, with the doctor and the snow and my general anti-speedworkness, powering up the hill, while it felt like I was huffing and puffing,

likely should be re-written 'powering up'.

I think it's a combination of getting out of shape and just forgetting what it actually feels like to get your heart rate up.

So I'm bonding right now with the contestants on "The Biggest Loser".

If you don't really know how to push yourself, you are more frightened to try.

And more likely to misperceive your effort level.

Eight miles, making the rest of the day feel warmer and more bearable.

I am also anti all-day meetings! But the running helps me fidget less. And concentrate more.

So my fellow meeting goers were likely happier, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment