Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trundling Is Better Than No Run At All

I slid quickly out the door between meetings today. For a quick run.

And I do mean quick, at least in the time sense: an hour between meetings, the sun going down and not enough clothes in my office for the weather.

Note to self: bring more clothes to the office! One measly pair of pants and one jacket isn't nearly enough for 24 degree weather with wind chill!

For us weenies, anyway.

After marble sidewalks, icy slush and hordes conspired against doing more than a run/walk to the park, I couldn't wait to get into Central Park.

It was as deserted as I've ever seen it: like old Central Park after dark.

Trundling because of the icy patches, I didn't get very far.

But, as little as I did, it's amazing how much better it made me feel.

Even solved a scheduling problem while I was out there!

On some of the few clear parts, I did some quick striders-to make up for the trundling, you know.

What's slower than a trundle? A wandle?

Then I was wandling some, too. Icy slush is a bit scary!

Is it better to get out for a slow, slow, short run than not at all?

Maybe not for cardio health. But mental health? Yes!

Little trundling and three sets of push-ups.

Wow. My arms can tell it's been a while. But 70 push-ups aren't too bad.

Now, back to scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment