Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pancakes, redux

Well, not for me.

But I did try an egg cream.

Ahem. It's an acquired taste, I believe.

Ahem.

Still trying to clear the flavor from the back of my throat.

One of my favorite things about running with Ivy League is that food is almost always involved.

No, not during the run, silly!

It's held out, like a carrot: something I can dream about while slogging out miles in the cold.

Most girls have dreamed about their wedding since they were little.

I've dreamed about my next meal.

Its composition. Its location. Its accompaniments.

Mmmmm. Makes me hungry thinking about it.

So, when Ivy League suggested that we go to breakfast after our run, I noticed something.

I started running ahead of him. I had to keep dialing it back.

Now, it's true that he was taking it slow for his marathon on Sunday.

But I was really excited to get that run done and over with!

I ran to meet him, then we ran the lower loop of Prospect Park. Not too much ice and definitely and easy pace. Back up the right side a bit and he was ready to call it done.

I had to run home. It was almost a tempo!

That was when I really got my heart rate up....couldn't wait!

Nor did Ivy League dissapoint. Off to Tom's Diner we went.

He was carbo-loading. I had little excuse for the whipped cream that I ate off of his rice pudding.

Smiling and giddy, I clutched my stomach all the way home.

Mind over lactose intolerance!

Oh, and I ran about 6 miles......

No comments:

Post a Comment