Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Weird Sleep

It's interesting. Someone else on my blog reading list just posted on this, I noticed, as I signed in to write this post.

12:58 am. I'm awake. Go to the bathroom. Take my inhaler.

I am still awake.

After re-arranging "Tiny" so that she no longer cuts off circulation in my legs, I fall back asleep.

Eventually.

Then, 2:00am. I'm awake. Either cold or sweating.

My radiator finally works, unlike the first two years I lived in my aparment.

This is a good thing.

A working radiator, however, cannot erase the fact that my apartment has no insulation.

So, there are a lot of covers on the bed. Thus, the cold or sweating.

Sweating if the radiator is on. Cold if it has turned off and the wind has whipped through the pathetic plastic band-aid I put over the windows.

Then, some interesting thoughts. 2:00am is a good time for interesting thoughts.

But interesting thoughts are not conducive to sleep.

Finally, right before 5:00am, I'll fall back asleep.

To wake up at 6:00am, 6:30am and, finally, at 6:45am.

At night, I've been so tired that I'll stop watching a show and fall asleep by 10:00pm or so.

You'd think I'd be well-rested!

It then it just continues the cycle.

I'm yawning right now.

Is it because I'm running less, do you think? Though I ran yesterday. My sore calves are proof!

Or just the change in the weather?

It's weird.

I don't know that I mind it but this is above and beyond my usualy problems with sleeping.

Maybe I'll just get more reading done!

Reading at 2:00am might be interesting, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment