Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Loving my Valentine's Run

Why was my knee hurting?

I went through a slew of possibilities. My left hamstring had been tight because of the plane rides.

I had been running at a different pace than I was used to for the race and then sprinted at the end.

I had gained weight.

I didn't figure it out until this morning.

D. None of the above.

On the way from the airport, I had slammed my knee into the side of the cab. It was bruised.

Regardless, I didn't let a little knee pain stop me from getting in a run with Ivy League on Monday evening.

After a harrowing plane ride (the stewardess was a little too happy that we landed safely!), it was almost a necessity to try to stretch my legs.

The only thing, besides my knee, that was a little tired was my rear. Those hills in Birmingham made me realize that I've got to do strength training more than once a year.

I resolved to go to Atlantic Center to get a ball and weights this Friday.

Otherwise, it was a great run! We ran pretty slowly, as Ivy League hadn't been running since his PR marathon - by 20+ minutes!

Ran to GAP, then around to the transverse, down the transverse and back, and around the rest of the park.

Then, because I was running with Ivy League, and neither of us had plans......

Of course we went to eat! MMMMMMMMMM

Amarino's. Delicious. What a great Valentine's Day.

About 5 1/2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment