Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Philly!

How I've missed you!

And my big brother.

After punishing me with the Vagina Monologues last night, he rewarded me with a sunny run this morning.

Stick and carrot.

I'd like to call this an 'interval run'. This is in quotes intentionally. It basically consisted in jogging interspersed with careful foot-picking through patches of melting ice.

Once, we were able to accelerate up a hill and my breathing got a bit heavy. Otherwise, it was a relaxing stretch of muscles unaccustomed to the 12 something miles I did yesterday.

So interesting how my fitness fluxuates so rapidly. When I'm actually training, 12 is a regular run, not one that makes my muscles a bit stiff.

The sun beamed on sights I hadn't seen for a while. The diners, the places where I've walked in the summer, the yuppy housing right by the trashy thoroughfares.

Of course, given the company, we left the streets a bit cleaner than we found them.

Isn't that the neighborly thing to do?

About 3.8 miles. A nice short leg-stretcher.

Apparently, the Speedy Blonde and BadWater are going to be running along the sunny Charles today. I wonder how their run will stack up. They certainly won't see as much urban interest!

1 comment:

  1. The run along the Charles was great, well worth the effort. Thanks for the coffee shop advice, I think H enjoyed it. Glad you got in a good Philly run!

    ReplyDelete