Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bad Legs

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Three days off in a row, with two days of biking before that.

And a day of biking on Monday.

So my legs should be fine!

But my whole body was a big lump today.

First, I couldn't get up out of bed. Then, I couldn't get motivated.

Once I finally went out for a run, it was really, really humid. Like, I soaked my shirt and sweat was running down from my armpits to my waist humid. In the first two to three miles.

And I don't usually sweat that much! Just ask around!

Something was off. My lungs were fine and, while I had that annoying cramp in my side again, it only surfaced near the end for about a mile.

And I wasn't going fast:far from it. I found moss on my north side at the turnaround.

I went over to the Lincoln Memorial again, then down on the path the pedestrians had suggested on Saturday-the one that took me by the river.

Over to the river, I checked my IMap on my phone.
"Darn! Still a mile to go!"

I could always turn around.......
But I didn't. Stubborn me had decided that I would to ten miles and stubborn me would do ten miles even if they were awful, lumpy, half-done amateur cupcakes of miles.

Even the frosting was bad on these cupcakes. And I LOVE most frosting!

Interesting info I gathered, though: the trail I was on (Rock Creek Park Trail) would have, had I continued, connected with the trail that goes around Severna Park. And the turn-off I chose for my last quarter-mile or so out ended up taking my to the start of the Capital Crescent Trail in Georgetown!

Good stuff to know for a day when my legs, soul, stomach and the rest were feeling better.

I made it back. But felt nauseous at the end and so, had to try to lie down for a minute, further derailing my day.

Maybe I should just take a whole day off tomorrow? Without even biking? I need to feel better my next run. Else my stubbornness might run out.

Ten arduous miles around the river, tourists and monuments.

The planes going into Reagan make me nervous. They are so low over the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment