Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Something I Will Never Say Again

"Aerobics is for wusses who don't really want to work out."

I have never said that but I have thought it, guiltily, a time or two.

Well, never again.

In recognition of the Irene-influenced weather this weekend, with some serious peer-pressure from a friend, I tried out two work-out videos this weekend.

Both were by Jillian, that lady from the Biggest Loser.


1. She is really short.

2. The videos don't have really good music. I'd suggest listening to your own. I would have but I am so uncoordinated, I needed to hear the instructions - sometimes over and over again.

3. These are NOT for wusses!
(alternative reading of the situation: I AM a huge wuss and just didn't realize it!)


The first tape consisted of 45 minutes of jumping while twisting and punching above my head. Oh, and ab work. I hate ab work. But the ab work in this one wasn't so bad.

The second tape consisted of 45 minutes of, as far as I could tell, triceps and abs. And abs. All with weights. Oh, I forgot: the butt, too.

I had to take the day off on Monday because my butt hurt so much. My calves weren't feeling so hot, either, but my butt was on fire.

This might be because of my lack of training this last year. But I don't think so. Sure, I haven't been doing long runs or really fast runs but I have been lifting weights and a 'not-long-run' includes 14-milers.

Sigh. My butt still hurts. I don't know if I can face these videos anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment