Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Very Different Experience

This morning, as a turn-around run, I ran out to meet some people from DC Capital Striders.

Stanton Park is cute. So is Lincoln Park. I saw both during this run.

SE has gotten so much nicer in the part between Union Station and RFK!

So, nice scenery, nice people, nice weather. All of that sounds similar to my run last night.

But, the pace was far, far different.

I was ready for a relaxing run, after I exerted myself more than usual last night.

But I actually found it hard to go as slowly as we went. I kept having to slow down and wait to catch up with the two in the back.

So, when we were done, I decided to do another loop. Yes, I am doing another loop willingly, which is unlike me. Everyone knows my hatred of multiple loops.

But my imagination left me and we had run only about 4 together. So I ran back down Massachusetts Ave., around RFK Stadium, and back up East Capital. After a bobble at the end I found my way back to Massachusetts Ave. and ran the last mile home.

At the end, I was definitely dehydrated (I didn't bring my water bottles) and my calves were tired. But I'm glad I did another loop. With the first, I didn't feel like I had exercised really at all.

So, to run with them again? We will see......

No comments:

Post a Comment