Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recovery

Saturday's run took a lot out of me. Specifically, my thighs.

Interesting, actually. on the run itself, I was predicting my rear end. I wonder, did my stride change a bit to compensate, putting stress on my quads?

Anyway, I wanted to start the week off right. No lolling in bed for me! Off I went, around the courthouses, around congress, over to the start of the Mall.

Even before I got to Independence, I had passed about six "important heritage sites"!

Down Independence to the Washington monument, then around and in that park, seeing I still had some miles to go, I forced my quads to trundle off to Georgetown before heading back home.


Monuments are majestic. They are awe-inspiring. They are also quite impersonal. And you can't see into the windows of museums. I understand that, for most museums, the curators likely wouldn't want you to see the displays for free but, in the case of the Smithsonians, they ARE free! So why can't they give a sneak peek, as it were, while one is running by?

Verdict: it's more interesting to run by houses and apartments. Seeing their landscaping, window treatments and, if I'm lucky, some of their furniture or interiors is so much more personal and interesting!

Ok, and maybe slightly creepy. But interesting! Helps me figure out my own decor!

7.25 slow, slow miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment