Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Outdoors!

Bam! Sidestepping the sycophants, I slammed open the double glass doors.
Then, bam! The backpack hit the floor.
Bam! The door hit my butt as I ran back out to meet Potomac Runners.

I was 10 minutes early to the fifteen minutes early circle-up prior to the run.

I was so excited to be outside, instead of weilding my four different-colored pens in hopes of structuring the blob that is my understanding of my classes right now.

Plus, I hoped that my butt would hurt less if I loosened it up.

Smartly, I hung back from the 2nd group. That was the group I ran with the last time. My rear end and calves were not up to that group, however! Discretion and all.

So great! One of the women I ran with, who I had met the last time I had run with them, is a chatter. And interesting chatter. It makes the run go by so much faster! Plus, I learned a lot about how to start tri training, were I ever to brave the pool again.

Around the reflecting pool then over the Mall to go around the Washington Monument via ??? and around to the Mt. Vernon trail (still don't know exactly how we get over to VA) and then around to the Iwo Jima memorial.

By this time, I must have been going more slowly. Plus, some of the others started speeding up. Luckily, the chatter had biked and swam earlier that day, so she didn't want to push it too much.

Around the Lincoln Memorial and then up the side of the reflecting pool and then down (what I think was) Constitution Avenue, then back to the reflecting pond.

Several sprinted at the end. I did not.

My rear end really hurt. So did my calves.

In fact, last night, my calves, right by my knees, near/in the ligaments, were aching enough that I woke up several times.

No high heels today!

No comments:

Post a Comment