Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Stupid Digestive Process

If it weren't for that, I would have been able to go out at 6:00am today.

Instead, as I woke up late,I had to wait an hour for my food to get settled. I rather envy those people who can go out running without eating first.

7:00am is too late for a hassle-free crossing over to Georgetown, I discovered. Start-stop-start-stop-start-stop-start.

From 4th street and Mass Ave until K and 25th. Sigh.

Finally, I got to the underpass on Water Street and headed out to the Capital Crescent Trail.

With the exception of the stopping and waiting, the run went pretty well-despite my problems sleeping the night before.

Cool weather mitigated the intense humidity.

Yay for the trail! I got to go almost two miles on the wooded part.

Alas, on the way back, my run coincided with that of another.

Normally, this can be nice. I can motivate myself either by passing that person or by trying to speed up after that person passes me.

But this man, who appeared to be commuting somewhere, as he had a small wallet-carrying backpack on, was not so cooperative.

Was he doing intervals? Was he doing that run-walk thing? I do not know.

Jog-run-stop-walk-jog-run-stop-walk

So irritating. I passed him or he passed me every half mile or so.

It totally messed up my groove.

Luckily, he turned off on the Rock Creek trail. So I was able to run back home without that distraction.

Just more of stop-start-stop-start-stop

I've got to try this run earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment