Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Was it the Cheese?

Or the sugar? After all, I had way too much of both on Sunday and Monday morning.

Or, perhaps, none of the above.

Whatever it was, it turned my early-afternoon run into a phlemy, low-energy one. About all this run was good for was to ensure I got enough vitamin D.

Ok: it wasn't THAT bad. Cramps and such were present but didn't ruin the run. And I did get in some hills.

After touring the Mall, I ran back up to Union Station and did part of the Saturday run up MBT and over on Michigan to Harvard St and Columbia Heights before turning onto 13th and taking that back down to Massachusetts Avenue and home.

About 11 miles. Slowly.

Then some weights.

I need to swear off sticky buns......and Twizzlers........And fried cheese.

Yes, I had all three yesterday.

p.s. -- Just found out that National Sticky Bun Day is February 21st. Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the National Sticky Bun Day people can sponsor the Cherry Tree. Same day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! You should check! A free sticky bun for all who complete the whole 10 miles.

    ReplyDelete