Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crosswords and Weightlifting

Two things that likely don't go together in peoples' minds. But they are quite similar!

Both, when done properly, cause you to exert yourself.

Both, when done properly, boost your feelings of accomplishment and self-esteem.

And, I had been slacking on both for a while!

My crossword-doing had gone by the wayside during moving and paper-revising: though, really, I've had enough time to do them. No real excuse except the sad fact that, however much time I have, whether a little or a lot, I manage to fill it up with whatever chores I have for that day.

It might be one, it might be ten. Doesn't matter.

"What did you do today?" "Oh, it was rough. I had to paint my toenails! Took all day!"

Yeah.

But doing them all in a row actually helped me see some of the overlapping themes more clearly, which was kind of neat.

I still don't like doing Sunday's on the computer, though. There MUST be a place near me that sells the NYT on Sundays!

Weightlifting, on the other hand, I haven't done in ages, except some moonlighting.

But my new digs have a gym: a beautiful, woefully underused gym. I've determined I can't let that go to waste.

So I used it yesterday. Nothing too crazy: two sets instead of three, and such.

But, as I wince while I type today, I have realized that doing push-ups once or twice a week does not a strong person make!

Ouch.

Well, off to try another group and a different run. I'll be sore all over when I get back, if I'm lucky

No comments:

Post a Comment