Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Lovely

"Are you totally against running by yourself?" Storyfinder asked, shock in her voice.

But I spent a whole year enjoying the solo runs I took, solace from tension and stress in my career and my life!

I thought again before answering. And I realized that, while I do run a lot by myself when I'm training, I'm really cognizant of the fact that I'll be running alone for at least the next month, in Boston and then in D.C.

And I'll miss my running group terribly. They're my first.

So I've been trying to run with other people for all the runs that I can before I leave NYC.

But I struck out today. So I laced up my sneakers and went out solo.

Humid, creamy blue sky weather. Yum.

Hard on the lungs but easy on the eyes. Especially people-watching in South Manhattan. Gorgeous people + little clothing = distractions from my tired legs

I ran up Bedford to the Williamsburg Bridge, planning to stop for water by the Brooklyn. I should have brought/bought some earlier than that, as I was pretty dehydrated by the time I got to the Brooklyn Bridge.

The fountain is on at the Courthouse, though! Gulping down water, I braved the schoolkids and tourists.

That was rough. Elbows were thrown. Oops!

Down to the park by the bottom of the bridge. The fountain wasn't working.

Pasty feeling in my throat. I had to take my inhaler on Delancy and I was still feeling wheezy. The water fountain at the Brooklyn Court House saved me. Up Court and down Union, enjoying the shade on Eastern Parkway and off to get a huge iced coffee at Dunkin' Donuts.

Delicious.
About 11.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment