Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Small Runs, Small Groups

Neither group run worked for me this weekend.

Sad to be in Brooklyn but not get a chance to enjoy the bridges and the weather with my teammates. But I'll have to get used to that!

Instead, I ran on Saturday with Superman, LSE joining us as a surprise for the first loop. We ran a full loop and then the longer shorter loop in Prospect Park.

Neither Superman nor I felt very good on this run. Legs felt leaden, breathing was off. The humidity was affecting both of us.

Should have been a warning to me. Yesterday, I felt so sluggish that I skipped running altogether. Last night, the swelling struck.

Lymph nodes got so large I was having problems swallowing again. I'm hoping that my epic sleep last night went a fair ways in ameliorating my illness.

I don't want to be sick my last week in New York!

2 comments:

  1. Eh... that really sucks about the sickness. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sharing your frustration with the whole bad run thing!

    ReplyDelete