Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Surprise Companion

My two Monday people bailed. I was left to run alone.

And alone is sad right now: too much reminiscing. I need other peoples' thoughts to drown out my own head.

There, waving away on Prospect Park West, was my colleague! We'd never ended up running together, though she runs in Prospect Park a lot.

Companionship! I persuaded her to run around part of the outside of the park. Slowed down to stay with her but that was ok: last week, my heel split open. I limped for a couple of days. With a heavy backpack. My right quad has been feeling kinda bad ever since. Slow might be good.

She waved off at the bottom of Prospect Park Southwest. I shortened the loop by going up Washington and heading home. A much more satisfying 6 miles than I had imagined at the beginning. Brooklyn is a small town, in certain ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment