Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Well, The View Was Spectacular

The run, however, was horrible. Who knows why? I'm sure it was all of these things:

1. I went to bed by 7:00pm Sunday night and didn't eat that much before I did.

2. I woke only about 4 or 5 times and, so, didn't drink nearly as much water as I normally would at night.

3. When I woke up in the middle of the night, my throat and lymph nodes were incredibly swollen. They went down later on but I still felt weird.

4. Stress? Who knows what else? I hadn't run the day before, so you'd think I would have been rested.

Actually, the run TO Owl's Head was worse than the run FROM Owl's Head. Not that either were good. But, on the way down, my legs were so tired that I was walking up to intersections when the lights were red. After getting into the park, I actually WALKED up the big hill. Again, I had to take my inhaler. And I WALKED the rest of the way around the park.

Shameful!

But, I got to see that gorgeous view over the river: the view that made me attempt the run today, even when I didn't feel great in the morning.

And, in the park, I drank some water and ate half a gu.

After beginning to run again, my right quad started hurting a bit. Had it gone on any longer than the 8 blocks or so that it did, I would have found the subway and ridden it home!

But it started feeling better. I still ran down 4th, though, on the way back. Just in case I needed to take the subway. I think the gu really made a difference. Oh, and I'm sure I wasn't running nearly as fast as I did during the first part of the run. Plodding away!

An additional stop for some gatorade and I actually felt ok enough to run all the way back to Nostrand, where I stopped for some food.

And almost puked. The run really took it out of me.

I'd like to finally have some runs that don't feel like pain. Will need to figure out why these keep happening! It wasn't even that hot today: maybe around 80, tops?

Frustrating.

But I got to see the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment