Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And DC Burns


Without all the troublesome ash and actual flames, like in the War of 1812. Or so says History. I didn't realize that part of DC burned during that time.

Lucky to see it! I got to the run in the nick of time.

Hitting one's alarm instead of the snooze is not a great way to be on top of one's morning. In fact, since I woke up again with a start at 5:38, there wasn't much time at all.

Rushing, I drank breakfast (the healthy kind, not the liquor kind, silly), got some coffee and rushed into my clothes.
Whew!

After a trip around the Mall and the Washington Monument, I ran up to R, got on the MBt, gulped some fortitude and squashed my laziness, and turned uptown.

Slowly creeping towards Rhode Island, I finally made it. I turned around and ran to the end, then ran past Union Station and home.

About 10.4 miles today.
At times, I wondered if I were actually walking but 10 miles is still 10 miles, right?

And orange swirlies were all around when the sun was rising.

Mmmmmmm. Orange swirlies.....

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great description of the burning of DC during the War of 1812. I love the story about the British soldiers eating before they burned the White House: http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/washingtonsack.htm
    You must have had a terrific view during your run. Love the colorful picture.

    ReplyDelete