Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

It Didn't Really Start Until After We Did

The rain, that is.

It was misting a bit as I hitched up my former compression tights for the tenth time as I walked out of the double doors and into the dark.

Don't dry your compression tights, unless you want saggers. My tip for the day.

I knew that I'd be lucky to have one companion. And I did! He suggested a new route.
I'm tired of the Mall: not enough houses and gardens to see!

So we went over to Eastern Market. A shorter route. But by the time we got to First Street NE, the rain was pouring.

Torts and tort reform made the time go by quickly. I got him to talk more: my trick.

He slowed down, I could puff away silently.

Alas, my new sneakers were drenched by the downpour and by the puddles that are de rigeur in any truely torrential tempest.

Maybe not the best day to be wearing an oversized white cotton T-shirt.

But fun to splash around DC. About 5 miles. Short.

No comments:

Post a Comment