Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Crumble, Cave, or Careful?

I'd like to think, "careful".

My mind and conditioning keep telling me "cave" or "crumble".

But I'm trying to be sensible and channel the New Me.

After having this pain when I started my run, and then an uncomfortable pressure every time I started from a stoplight - this being a too frequent occurence in DC at 7:30am or later - I made a decision.

"I'm stopping now and turning around", I told Suave. I called him when I got to the Lincoln Memorial. I knew it would be hard for me to turn around and give up on an 11 mile run I had planned today.

But I've got another planned for tomorrow.

Thus, the call. I knew, if I told him, I'd have to keep my side of the bargain.

So hoping for a better one tomorrow.

It's not always bad to cave. Sometimes that's just being careful.
6 miles......

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Helen, definitely smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying! And I'm going to wear compression tights on my run today, if I can get them on! And be prepared to stop if it hurts too much. It's mainly when I start from a standstill but it's kinda painful!
    Helen, if you are doing the Staten Island Half, good luck!
    And Rebecca, you know I wish I could do the Bed Stuy 10k with you!

    ReplyDelete