Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inked Back In

"Yes, hello. We're downstairs."

Oh goodness. I knew from my mother's tone that they were READY TO GO.

And I wasn't even vertical.

A quick change later and I was up and at the lobby, awaiting instructions.

Of course: we had to go. Right then.

With my parents, it's pointless to argue. So we packed up and went.

"Another workout missed. Just because I have to work completely on someone else's time table. And here it is the weekend. This is the time I really have to make sure I get in those workouts!"

I was grumbling and whining to myself, all the way to the train station.

And then, while I enjoying beating Suave at the crossword, I resigned myself to a slow day. Indulgent food choices on the train.

Watching Top Chef: Just Desserts instead of trying to finish a bit of my homework.

But, while I was setting up at home, watching the end of a show, I decided.

It was time and there was time. I don't have to be resigned to a day I'll regret, even though other people dictated most of it for me.

Off my rear I got and put on Summer Hits, in homage to the last bit of nice weather we will likely have for a while.

I even raced a few people on the Mall as I went out for a 6-mile motivational run.

So what if I've got too much homework to finish tonight: I've still got a good 5 hours before I should really get to bed.

Lots of time to make progress.

No more excuses. I will recognize my limitations but no more excuses.

After all, I had already written off the day before I inked it back in.

In fact, I just signed up for my first race since the relay in February I participated in with the Vivacious Redhead and her son.

The Veterans 10k on the 13th of November.

1 comment: