Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So Glad For Company

In the Rain.

I was standing outside. In the cold. And the dark. And the rain. "Ok....Where am I going to go if no one shows up?" "Somewhere away from my house, that's for sure!"

Otherwise, I would have gone back to bed.

Thankfully, triathalon lady showed up. We ran a (new for me) course down to the new Nationals Stadium and back up to Stanton Park.

It's gotten dark enough in the morning that the sun was had just come up by the time we stopped. In a puddle.

She's fun to run with, though. A very easy pace and lots of conversation. The 4 1/2 we did together did not feel like 4 1/2 on a blustery morning.

I just like saying "blustery:" that's a bit exaggeratory, even for me. It wasn't cold enough to be blustery.

And there weren't any politicians around at 6:30am.

Afterwards, I ran up to the MBT and ran back down to Union Station and home. By that time, I was so used to the rain that I didn't mind it (gasp!). The easy pace had also kept me so fresh that I wanted to add on.

But I restrained myself. There will be more this week and I didn't want to tire myself out too much.

Though I did shorten it a bit from what I was going to do. Oh well.

About 9, with a nice stop for coffee.

They just got new candy at my coffee shop. Some of my favorites. I'll have to forget that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment