Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Lordy

It was cold. Very cold. I've-not-had-enough-sleep-for-the-shock cold.

And either the water bottles have to go or the gloves have to come out. Maybe both.

The hat came off about 3 miles into the run.

Ladies, you know the hat. I accessorized my awesome bright orange for safety pullover with my bright orange freebie Dunkin' Donuts hat.

I will not be picking up anyone running anytime soon.

Well, maybe hunters with pastry problems.

The low temperatures made for out-West-like colors and clarity in the sunrise, though. Pink shiffonade. Yum.

Around the new stadium in the dark, then up MBT and back down by Union Station to head home.

Should have tacked on an extra few on the trail but the 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night made me into a bit of a wuss.

I hope I can persuade my brother to run tomorrow or Wednesday. I need some company in this cold.

About 9 miles.

Oh, and we discussed many interesting things this morning: from the definition of a hussy to how to make applesauce in your crockpot.

Applesauce. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of crock pot applesauce but does sound good! "Hussy" is a rather Victorian word for those women who tinted lips and cheeks. In the early to mid 20thC, it was used to describe very progressive ladies such as those who wanted the right to vote or have sex before marriage or even wear slacks. I have not heard the word in such context in over 50 years. Hope your brother understands this.
    Have a great run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I laughed out loud at the hunters with pastry desires line. I guess it's not that funny, but I'm sure there is a healthy overlap between those two interests.

    ReplyDelete