Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Overcompensation

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I trundled out into the darkness in 3/4 tights, a florescent orange fleece (for safety!), a headband and gloves.

By the time I got to the meet-up, I ditched the headband and the gloves. The fleece stayed until half-way through.

The rest of the run was fairly comfortable in a long-sleeved shirt, though I wished I hadn't taken off the fleece when the wind blew.

Had some very interesting discussions about conservative family values - like talking to parents about being interested in dating a girl, even when you are in your twenties - and baseball.

It took my mind off the weather, though my snotty nose would jerk my attentions back to the cold ever so often.

We ran up to the monument and back to NE, where I then ran uptown with History to Florida, then left over to Eckman and up to R. Running over to the trail, I resolved to extend my run a bit, after succumbing to great company and bad weather yesterday and never getting out the door to exercise.
Up the MBT until Rhode Island, then back down and past Union Station and then over to Mass Ave and home.

It was light for the last part of the run.

But it was still cold! This outdoor wedding in 3 weeks is going to be potentially rough with the no-sleeved dresses.

Brrrrrrr

But I still don't really need the gloves and hat just yet.
About 10 miles.

1 comment: