Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

DC Public Bathrooms are Quite Nice!

My compression tights were on. I had my water bottles. An emergency Gu was stashed in my sports bra.

And I was still nervous about the run.

Because of my muscle pull, I told History straight off that I might not stop early.

But the tights seemed to help! They are ones that I bought too large by mistake and, so, I was hoping they would fit now.

Lesson learned: the tights are just a weird fit. They still fell down.

They still pushed my muscle back into place.

And the run was really fun. Given a choice of two runs, I picked the one I hadn't done before and History very nicely went along with it.

This was the theme of the run: History putting up with me!

We ran down the Mall and then down as if we were going to the FDR Memorial. Right before we got there, we cut over to Hayne's Park.

Beautiful by the water, with the mist rising up and the relative lack of cars.

And golf courses, while environmental disasters, are awfully pretty. Especially when no one is playing on them.

But my stomach was playing. The banjo. And a three-piece drum set.

At first, I wasn't even sure what was happening. I never have to go to the bathroom on my runs.

Except.....That one time.......

Images of hobbling by the creek trail in North Carolina, trying to find a place that was hidden enough to make an emergency pit stop in florescent shorts flashed through my mind.

"There are bathrooms", History said after the second time I had to stop because of a serious stomach cramp.

"Maybe later", I say.

As we round the horn, though, I'm thinking "Maybe now!"

Nicely, History stopped for me- again - while I "toured the facilities".

They were amazingly nice for open, public bathrooms in a place where, were I a homeless person, I would totally camp out.

The rest of the run went much more smoothly.

Though I think History had to slow down for me a bit at the end.

We ran over past the Watergate to Georgetown and then up on the Rock Creek Park trail until we ran up a curvy ramp to M. Then, over through town until Massachusetts Avenue and then back home.

History did some more miles. She is in much better shape than me.

My leg wasn't sore until the end. Yay! And we got to help some tourists. But all that talk about yummy Japanese food made my newly empty tummy rumble.

MMMMMMMM. I can't tell exactly what we did but it was somewhere between 10 1/2 and 11 miles.

3 comments:

  1. I would have posted photos. Please go back and update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Underwear, I didn't bring my camera with me. So you will have to use your imagination.......

    ReplyDelete