Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Casual Running

Whee! Less heat! Korea brings good luck that way.

I have been living in the Northeast too long. That, too much airconditioning, and weight gain have turned me into a heat and humidity wimp!

In Alabama, Wednesday's temps and humidity would have been a welcome change. Here, I'm gasping for air.

I prepared by bringing both waterbottles. An overkill this day but at least I worked my arms.

Off I went, to meet Korea at the BU bridge.

Did a bit of tempo running to get there: nothing like losing track of time for us people who avoid speedwork at all costs to force us to do it.

We ran back to the JFK bridge and over, chatting the whole time. I made sure to keep the waterbottles swinging and my arms going straight forward. That's my new area of concentration.

After getting back to the BU bridge, I decided to go down to the Mass Ave Bridge and come back around.

It's amazing how much of a difference perceived exertion and phsychological attitude makes. I remember, on Wednesday, looking at the same stretch of path between the Mass Ave Bridge and the BU Bridge, and despairing of ever getting there. Ditto with the subsequent bridges.

With the better weather and a lessened perceived exertion, however, I kept on being surprised as to how close they were!

A delightful 9+ miles

No comments:

Post a Comment