Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tufts!

Those *#($$)#()(@#$ hills.

A 'Hill' in Brooklyn is anything with a rise to it at all. 'Big hills' in Brooklyn are small rises that go for a while.


Not in Boston. Especially around Tufts.

I found this out today. At least I had dumped my water bottles beforehand: the deluge my brother and I had starting out the run seemed to obviate the need for water - a decision we regretted near the end of the run, when it rose up hot, humid and rain-free.

But for the hills, I was happy I had left them behind.

I'm really, really bad at hills.

Gasping gasping gasping cramping butt hurts gasping

He'd always be up at the top, waiting for me. Once I got there, he'd click his watch back on and off we'd go.

I grew to dislike that gesture: the clicking of the watch.

But hills are good for me. Right?

10+ gasping miles with my little brother. Good that we left around 9:00am, as I doubt we could have done many this afternoon.

Captain America was my reward. That, and a nap.

A hard life.

No comments:

Post a Comment