Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Channelling the Biggest Loser

I think, were the Vivacious Redhead and I to suddenly become roommates, we'd be in amazing shape.

Firstly, we'd do consitutionals after almost every meal. Secondly, we'd guilt each other into running more than we might want to on any particular day. Thirdly, we'd be walking EVERYWHERE.

Which is what we did yesterday.

This time, we started our run a bit earlier. A good thing: it was much more humid than Saturday, with less of a breeze.

At first, both of us were a bit tight. I had been worried, as my left calf had been complaining in the morning - a result of wearing my purse on one side too much, as well as the unaccustomed amount of walking. I walk a lot but over 10 miles is more than usual, especially with a large purse and regular shoes.

Running and walking must use one's calves differently, however. During the run, my muscles felt great! It was only when we started walking again that they felt at all tight or sore.

A quick 5+ miles, then coffee and a walk. Then, back to the hotel to change and have breakfast. After breakfast, a longer walk. Of course.

It being a beautiful day, and neither of us wanting to pay for a cab, we then packed up our luggage and started off to the train station a hilly three miles away.

Did I mention my luggage? And it was packed all in over-the-shoulder bags.

I could really feel the extra weight on some of the uphills. Good for the rear!

2 comments:

  1. Walking is awesome. When you have time, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! I love it! It was actually both of our ideas to walk.

    ReplyDelete