Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's Not Quite Prospect Park

But the distance is similar.

I did a modified versiomn of the Fresh Pond route, going the long way around the pond twice.

Mental trickery was involved with starting that second loop: I hate doing repeat loops!

Again, I felt that strange cramp in my right side for most of the run.

By the start of the second loop, the pressure had eased some and I was able to pick up the pace. The cramp didn't get really going again until I was almost done, when I could ignore it. But I felt it the whole time.

I've been using water bottles because of the heat and humidity but I'd think I would also potentially get a cramp in my left side, as well, if the cramps were a result of my arms swinging differently.

Overheating? Too much water beforehand?

Ideas? I'm not usually a cramper and these are really making my runs feel onerous.

I want it to be fun, not an ordeal!

Well, the second half was pretty nice today.

About 12 miles, I think-maybe less. Still more than I've done in a while!

2 comments:

  1. Good mileage! My only advice regarding the cramps is to drink LOTS of water leading up to about 1.5 hours before the run, but not much during the run? Maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been. I'll try again, though. These cramps have just been really puzzling, so I'm ready to try anything!

    ReplyDelete