Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Still Love the Heat

Just not to run in anymore.

It's official: I have become a total heat and humidity weenie. Yesterday, I did about ten miles, running an out and back to Watertown. Waiting for some important calls, I didn't make it out the door until 2:00pm. And the course was 1/2 full sun. Not until I got to the part near Watertown, where it was fully shaded, did I finally feel ok.

Hyperventilating and feeling faint is not good, I'm told, on a run! Oops.

That was kind of rough. Which stinks because I had had plenty of sleep, am not too stressed, was well hydrated before the run and brought my water bottles with me.

This morning, I got an email saying my partner couldn't go. I went out the door, as a result, at about 10:15am-I had been waiting to meet her. Still not an idea time to go-the Vivacious Redhead and I were making fun of the people running at that time on Sunday-but definitely better.

Less direct sun? Same humidity-lots- but the temperature was also a bit different.

About 86 yesterday, as opposed to about 80 when I started.

Another 10 miles but it felt much easier. To be fair, less hills on the Register bridge to the Mass Ave bridge route but I think the time of day made a difference.

I can't believe that I've become a heat weenie!

No comments:

Post a Comment