Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Watertown

At least I brought my water bottles on this one!

Again, my timing could be better. It still hadn't rained. It was still threatening to do so. Still 100% humidity. Still at least 85. And I go out again around 2:00pm.

Sigh. But I had a chance to get some sleep. And to take a warm-up two-mile walk prior to the run.

Had to make sure to have guilt-free cheese later, you understand! Picnicking on the Charles is serious business!

Feeling rather underscore, I decided on an out-and-back along the Charles, starting at Harvard and following the river to downtown Watertown.

Minuses: the part where you are running alongside the 6-lane road is super sunny. And not very breezy. Plus, you have to go through that one part of the path just after the Register bridge that is kind of in the woods, where people are usually hanging out, and which is sort of sketchy.

Pluses: closer to Watertown, the path takes you more into the woods. The shade was lovely after the shimmering heat of the blacktop. Oh, and using water bottles will make me buffer, right?

About ten miles. When I stopped at the end to buy a bottle of wine for a picnic we were creating, the manager handed me a bunch of paper towels. I'm not sure whether they were to dry myself or his counter off.

I thanked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment