Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Tempo" Run

I got to see beautiful stained glass on Wednesday.

Now, some of my arty friends call Chihully's stuff "craft" and think it's sloppy.

Thankfully, as I have no real eye, I don't have to see in such detail. All I saw were pretty shiny things.

I love pretty shiny things!

But, as a result, I didn't have a great chance to run long. I was meeting a friend and didn't want to be late.

Great Idea: I'll do a tempo run! On the river! In the sunshine! When it's 94+ degrees! At noon!

Hey, at least my great idea didn't push the run until 4:00pm.

So, that was rough. I really wasn't going super fast but definitely felt the effort. Making a half-hearted effort to time, I went about 40 minutes. But I didn't do much more than 5 miles.

That's what the humidity does to you, sometimes!

Though, normally, I'm better with the heat. I think I have to stop hanging out in Suave's air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment