Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

(Early) Morning Running

"Lord, am I tired."

The bells struck 7:00am as I passed them on the way to the Charles River path.

This will seem late, soon: I've got to get back to my 5:45am running schedule in less than a month.

EEEEEEEK

I don't much like mornings.

Though this one brought a breeze and some cool weather, along with overcast skies.

That and being partly asleep made the run seem to go by quite fast.

But my right quad, which had been twinging, started to actively ache.

Which is not good.

It's hard to justify running through the pain when I'm not training for anything, so I compromised with myself: instead of going down to the Mass Ave bridge, I'd go half-way to the second pedestrian highway cross-over and go back up to the BU bridge and over that way back to Harvard.

Making deals with myself. Luckily, one part of my is a push-over. The hard bargainer side, were it out this morning, would have made me run all the way to the Longfellow just for the impertinance of suggesting a shortened trip!

Big weenie of the day.

About 9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment