Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trundling

Or, How PODS is a Terrible Company

Spent about 2 1/2 hours on the phone with the PODS Friday morning.

"Yes, how may I help you? First, what is your customer ID and your pin?"

"Um, I told that to the last three people who all 'accidentaly' hung up on me."

"Yes, well they are helping other customers right now. What seems to be the issue?"

.........

"Well, you see, mileage costs have gone up from $2/mile to $17/mile. Surely you understand."


etc.

All I had to show for those hours was the "deal" of taking $125 off the $1500 they are trying to charge me to move my stuff from Baltimore, where I initially thought I was going to live, to D.C.

The move and 1 month's storage from Brooklyn to Baltimore cost less than $1500. Some deal.

Anyay, I got out much later than I intended.

Walking into the sun at about 10 until 1:00pm, I felt a physical force slamming into me.

"Whew. This is going to be something."

And something it was. Even with water bottles and trundeling, I was beat after the 3 miles I promised myself I'd do.

Sometimes, even trundling is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment