Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

At Least I Looked Snazzy!

The humidity reminded me of last week. Not having to go to work this week until this morning should have made me rested and all energy-ed up.
But I just couldn't seem to get enough rest this weekend. Started working on the train back at 6:05am and worked all the way through the commute home.

Not So was very happy to see me, although she had a very competent companion while I was gone. Was able to throw stuff down and grab my snazzy new skirt that I had ready and waiting, and ran to Bartel-Pritchard to meet people to run down to the track.

Lots of people showed but everyone had their own timing, so I mainly tried to stay with Gorgeous. We did 6 x 1000, with 200 jog in between. I kept up for the first three, with Gorgeous keeping the exact pace for each one.

I thought we made a nice tableau, what with my orange and red and her bright blues. That thought cheered me through the first half.

Well, that and I got to a teal the inside lane for the first two. Heh.

By the fourth, though, I was losing it. Gorgeous pistoned her way to another perfectly timed 1000, while I struggled a bit but kept right behind her. By the fifth, she had opened up the gap considerably. She was keeping the same pace: I just couldn't.
Almost half a lap separated her and me on the last one. I was fighting my lungs and my legs.

And what track workout is complete without me dry heaving? Don't worry: almost puked on Gorgeous's shoes this time. Glad I didn't: they were nice new ones.

On the last lap, Roll Call raced by me, urging me to keep up. Hah! I would have given him a snide comment had I the energy.

Finally got to run back to the circle and then home.

Track days are always rough. The four plus mile warm-up and then the same length cool down are a bit much for me, given how weak I am on the track anyway. I'm exhausted! I figure I did about 12 today, or something like it. Glad I cut the run a bit short yesterday.

Now to bike in eight hours. Boy, do I love the semester......

1 comment: