Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

So Excited!

I've never been to Washington State! When I drove up through California, before I left Arizona, I was supposed to make it all the way up the coast.

Alas, that was the year of the massive mudslides and flooding up the coast. I had to turn back in Northern California.

Drinking bad coffee while waiting for the flight......funny, given where I'm going!

Yesterdays crossword just took me 8 minutes! I blame it on lack of sleep and an early wake-up time....

Not so excited about the race on Sunday, or the grading and prep work I still have to do. Being able to feel like anything other than a teaching drone seems impossible during the semester. I haven't done my own research in over a week and that tenure clock is rapping on my window like an aggressive Peeping Tom, looking for the goods.

Ah, well. Keeps me out of trouble on the flight! Plus, my students would feel the lack if they didn't have the Witch on their schedules.....Hah!

I can't wait to hang out with the Chestershire Cat! Here's hoping she won't kick my rear too badly in the race on Sunday. She'd never, ever let me live that down. Postcards, birthday cards, all with "I beat you!"

Gotta love competitive spirit! Probably part of why she is awesome.

The weather should be interesting, too. Going from a heat wave here to, in my mind, cold weather there is a switch I hope my body is up to for the race. That, and here's hoping my quad will hold up!

Need more coffee. This is definitely a ramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment