Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Minding my Own Business

Using my long run today as an excuse, I was sitting at Basil, eating french fries and buttered pasta and reading last night.

I had had a long week. And looked it. Yesterday was a day where I pulled out my 55-year-old librarian pants and frumpy shirt. Because I didn't have enough energy to make myself look as fabulous as I normally do.

I could have flown around the world without any additional luggage, by the look of my eyes. Add no makeup and the effects of the storm on my hair and you can imagine how awesome the whole package was.

Which it was why it was really weird what happened next. A woman comes up to me and asks if I would mind being photographed for the New York Times Magazine. All of a sudden, her and her assistant are blinding me, while she instructs a certain waitress to walk behind me 'just one more time'.

The lady was really nice and, if it was a scam, at least I hadn't agreed to 'modeling shots', like those poor wayward women in early 20th century trashy novels. I doubt they'll use the photos but I just thought it was weird. In fact, I HOPE they don't use the photos!

Maybe they needed the requisite 'older woman eating alone at the bar' shot. Next, they'll ask to come over and take pictures of Tiny.
Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment