Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Self-Restraint?

"Remember the week that you really hurt your quad?" she asked. "Remember what training you did that week? Wasn't it a race, then speedwork, then a long run? And you are trying to go to speedwork this week? After a race and before a long run?"
My PT had a point. Not having been able to run yesterday because my plane was so delayed, I had been counting on the cameraderie of the speed session.
But, I'd rather have my leg feel ok. So I ran by myself on the cemetery/park run. After the pain of PT, the run eased the tightness and the acid buildup.
I hadn't been sore after the race but hadn't realized how tight my muscles were from the run and the flight!
Frustrated by the lights on Eastern Parkway - I had to stop for almost every light - but calmed down on the side of the park and over and around the cemetery.
It started to get dark pretty quickly and it made me think fondly of many dark runs around the park last year.
I got a couple of "nice tats!" today. Though humid, it had finally stopped raining and people seemed jazzed to be able to be outside.
I must have brought the Seattle weather with me! Besides the jet-lag, though, today was a great day. Work got done, PT got done, run got done, talking to people important to me got done.

:Contented Smile: Now, off to prepare for my run to work tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment