Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

A Girl Could Get Used to This!

"Done, already?"

Not usually glowing words of praise. But today was different. For the first time in a long time - not counting injury runs - I ran only three miles. And it wasn't a race, nor was I being chased.

The new me had decided that I would stick pretty close to the overall miles I am supposed to run this week, as it is supposed to be an 'easy' week. (And, yes, I do know what I am implying by using the quotation marks. Nerd, here!)

The old me would have insisted that she run at least the miles slated for today, even though she had already run at least 41 of the 50 miles slated for this week, with the percentage good that she would run with PPTC tomorrow. Too many miles other days.

The new me said "You need a chance to rest a bit. Next week will be tough. Make sure to get some quality miles in then."

I can't decide if the new me is really wise or just really lazy. I like her, regardless.

What freedom! I can really understand why people like those short runs so much. You barely have time to get warmed up before it's over. Loads of time left over to re-start my push-up routine which I have been slacking badly on. A leisurely stretch. Some much-needed rolling pin time.

And less than an hour had elapsed!

I might use lunch to finish the crossword!

Boy am I letting my hair down today!

No comments:

Post a Comment