Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

So glad that I ran in the morning yesterday. Had I run last night, I might well have been caught up in the tornado that hit Brooklyn.

Yes, I did just say 'tornado'. Sheesh.

In a rare turn of events, however, the tornado did not prefer the poorer parts of the area. Instead, it hit Park Slope. Trailer parks everywhere in the Midwest are cheering at this turn of events.

The morning gave no hint as to what was to come. Sunny, if a bit windy. Didn't meet up with the Vivacious Redhead until after school had started, so had a chance to work at home until about 8:30am, when I headed out to meet her. We were already in Park Slope, so we ran counter-clockwise around the cemetery and up to Bartell-Pritchard square. Down Prospect Part Southwest and around to Washington, we headed towards Ft. Greene. I was looking forward to Ft. Greene, as I hadn't run around there in quite a while. The last time I did so was before that disastrous long run in the summer with Superman and Ivy League, where I truly cemented my quad injury.

Hmmmm......Thinking of that, I remember that we then headed down to the Owl's Head Promenade after I ran around Ft. Greene. Ivy League and I are running the promenade today. I hope that doesn't presage any disagreeableness. (Knocks on wood.)

By this time, every aroma on Myrtle was met with my stomach protesting. I was so happy when we cleared the park and, through various dog-legs, got to Vanderbilt. Milk Bar was the featured presentation of this run! Mmmmm. I even had a mocha.

Don't tell the dessert police.

Just mapped the run. Now I know why I was so hungry! I didn't realize it at the time, as we were going such an easy pace and we were talking a mile a minute, but I went almost 13 miles on that run! Oops! (knocks on wood, again) I've still got to run a really long run today.

I see an ice bath in my future. Wish me luck......

No comments:

Post a Comment