Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Half and Half

Half tranquil and beautiful, half strip malls and auto sales.

Yesterday, I took one last opportunity to run next to the Charles River. Kayaks, canoes and sculls painted the water in bright blues, yellows and reds.

But I didn't want to cross the river. I was running by myself and wanted to make sure I got my planned time in without getting horribly lost, which I've done before when running by myself in Boston.

So, 20 minutes in, I ran down the main drag in Water town. On the plus side, I now know where Target and Marshals are, and the best place to get a Lexus.

Easy run, nice pace for recovery after the day before. So amazingly not humid that I couldn't even feel myself sweating.

A shortish out and back starting at the Harvard Bridge. Those little paintings on the sides of the pillars are so cool. I can't believe I had never seen them before! 1:12:22, so at least 8 miles. Finishing in plenty of time to advise a panicking student about classes.

Back to the real world......

No comments:

Post a Comment