Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Rainbow in Seattle

Seattle was tough but fantastic. A combination of overexcitement, overtiredness, nervousness for the race, and under-assuredness about where or how my life is going made me act like a toddler, ecstatic one moment, petulant the next.
Like the trooper she is, the Chestershire Cat endured the emotional storm, dropping me off yesterday at the airport before she went to work.

A small city with big-city buildings. Gorgeous views obscured much of the year by fog and rain. Multiple outdoor possibilities limited only by your willingness to climb and to get past the drizzle. And a fantastic host who took me to all the right places in and around Seattle, showing me her state, her family and her friends.

The Pink Door - delicious! The Space Needle - much smaller inside than expected but I now know where to go in Seattle if I want a heavy make-out session! Western Washington University, with its hippy vibe and ENORMOUS burritos - not the best idea, perhaps, the day before a race! And, my favorite, the ferry ride.

It's funny how, if you've got a limited time to see someone, and you don't know when you are going to see them again, and you combine that with a race, all kinds of weird emotions can come out.

Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can come back and run the trails in Seattle in the not-too-distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment